Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chalkboard Tray project

So....I promised like 20 years ago that I was going to share some projects I have been working on.  Ok, so maybe not 20 years, but it sure does feel like it!  Anywho...I saw this project on a fellow scrapper's blog in Nov or so (can't remember exactly), and I began the hunt for a silver tray immediately.  I had found a few in Amarillo, but thought they were too expensive and then finally I spotted one here in Borger at Thomas Greenhouse and Seasons and snatched it up immediately!!  I typically have about 10 or 20 ideas in my head on any given day or see 10-20 cool things that I want to re-produce and so a lot of times, I never get any of them completed.  I despise this about myself, but have recently re-focused my attentions and have started getting things done on my ever-growing crafty list.  And this was one of the first one's I decided to get going on.  I don't have pictures of the step-by-step tutorials that I did, but I just followed it exactly like the tutorial on this blog!  (She also did this with it for Christmas...love it, too!!!  She is super talented!)  It was actually super duper easy and turned out great, I think!  I LOVE it!!  Here is how mine turned out....




I like how the details on the tray come out once you put the chalk on it.


I have it on the end of my counter with some containers that hold our fruit.  And as you can see those are empty right now, meaning I REALLY need to get the to grocery store!  :-/


All you need to complete the project is an old silver tray, painters tape, black primer spray paint and black (or green if you like) chalkboard spray paint.  You could also use a can of paint and brush it on if you like, also.  And if you live here in Borger, you can borrow my paint...there is plenty left over!


April is almost done and May and summer are just peeking around the corner.  CRAZY!!  Which is exactly what our April was like...CRAZY!!  I took a quick look at next months calendar and May is looking just as crazy.  AWANA's derby, 2 baby showers, 2 weddings, HS graduations and parties, college graduations and parties, birthday parties, Asia meetings and preparation, VBS preparation, Baseball games and practices, Soccer game and practices, meetings with my prayer partners, husband traveling...and I'm excited about each and every event!  With the exception of my hubby traveling, but only because we miss him so much when he is gone.  May 5th will be the 5 year anniversary of my mom's passing...and THAT just doesn't seem possible.  I can only thank my Awesome Heavenly Father for walking beside me and somedays carrying me through the last 5 years.  His patience and grace for me the last five years has been so overwhelming (in a good way) and I truly am thankful for that.

On a side note, if you are reading this and you are believer in prayer...Please remember my brother and his family in Alabama.  I finally spoke with him today and he said that a neighborhood about 1/2 mile away from them is completely gone.  There home is comepletely untouched and fine.  They have no electricity for about 7 days, according to his info....hopefully it will be shorter than that.  Water and gas are two of the biggest concerns right now.  And also, my step-mother, who was in a roll-over accident last week, hurt her leg and it now has an infection.  If it is not better by next week, she will have to have it drained and some other gross stuff.  So, please pray the infection is healed pronto!!  THANKS!!!!

Have a fabulous day!!!

1 comment:

Becky Dietz said...

Love the tray! Since you have paint left over, would you just do mine for me??? Praying for all....