Monday, March 1, 2010

Some things never change, that's just the way it is...

While we do have a lot of changes going on in our lives right now...one thing that hasn't changed is that I'm still a crappy blogger! HA!

Today starts a new week AND a new month. I can't believe it's already March! Anyone else with me?? We were forcasted to get a HUGE snow storm last night and today, but it didn't happen. Maybe it's all the prayers I've been hearing at church, mostly men, praying for no more snow...LOL! That while they are so thankful for the moisture, please no more snow. I think it's kinda funny. Maybe they're tired of having to drive their wives to and fro. It doesn't really matter to me, I peeked through my blinds this morning fully expecting to see a wintery blanket of white, but nothing. And life goes on! :)

(Here are some pics of one of the snow days we had last month)



































The lovely snowman that Derek and Corbin built...they wouldn't let Bryson help because he kept trying to knock it over.



And the boys playing in the snow.


















Snowball fight!!
















Another one of the changes in my life happened three weeks ago. I had a hysterectomy. I haven't really put it out there via cyberworld...well, because I think it's a little uncomfortable to talk about, for the whole world to see. I grew up/was raised to be VERY (extremely extreme) modest. And for the most part I still am and talking about that kind of thing seems a little private. So, I apologize if that makes you uncomfortable, too! But it is a huge change in my life...and possibly my hubby/boys, too!! If I had a dollar for every woman that told me it would be the best decision I ever made, I'd have a lot of dollars! ;) And so far so good. I really researched EVERYTHING about it. Pros and cons. And prayed over all of them. I didn't want to be depressed that my ability to have children was gone forever...(one con that stuck out to me) and I'm not. I'm completely satisfied with my two gifts from God. And I didn't want to be writhing in pain for days from a giant incision on my belly...and I didn't have to have that incision, so virtually NO pain! Anywho, these are just a few examples. I feel great and just continue to feel better everyday. It's so exciting! I can't believe how much God has blessed me through this

Ok, I'm kinda done talking about that.

I have been able to get some scrapping in, due to being ordered to "take it easy" for a few more weeks. I had forgotten how much I love it! Maybe I'll share some of that soon, too.

And update on my last post. We officially have a contract on our house! I can't believe how fast this happened. But just confirms even more that this is a good decision for our family. So now we have 15 days to get the house inspected, etc. and then it's another 30 days after that, when the contract will be "pending" (so more official, I guess). And we the same goes for the house we are looking to buy. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. Praying that all goes well with inspections on both houses and everything continues to go SMOOTHLY!!!

Well, I guess that is all for now. Hopefully, I will be back to normal soon and have some exciting things to blog about! HA!

ETA: It's spitting some snow, as I type! We went out to catch some!

1 comment:

Becky Dietz said...

Glad Bryson caught those few flakes before it ended! ha!
So excited over the changes going on. There's nothing like a fresh beginning.