Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A new day...

And boy am I glad...Yesterday was a tough day. It was the 2 year anniversary of the death of my mother. I really miss her tons and with Mother's Day coming up, it just makes it even more depressing. I just kept replaying the events of that day, and the days before, over and over in my head. It has been a long road, including a lawsuit that we thought ended about a year ago...but the lawyer actually sent us papers 2 weeks ago to sign and actually finalize everything...that we will officially not be pursuing any other cases against any other drs or hospitals. So that was kind of emotional also. But it is a relief to have everything done. One of the ladies from my small group, Elizabeth, and her daughter, Anna, came by yesterday and brought me some flowers and a beautiful card. It just made my day and of course made me cry. I'm so blessed to have such great friends.

So, this weekend is the kids musical at church...it's called Rock Solid. We've been working hard to get everything done and we're almost there! YAY!! I, for one, will be ecstatic when all is said and done!

I'm also working at LW some this week (that is a benevolence ministry that our church, with a few others in town, supports.) I'm kind of excited to have a break in my week! This week is already FLYING by.

I did A LOT of scrappy things this weekend for NSD. CMK had 10 challenges to do and I managed to get 6 done. Each one you do enters you in a drawing for that challenge and I won one!! YAY! I was sooo excited. So I will be getting some goodies in the mail soon...can't wait! Here is what I worked on...3 cards and then 3 layouts!!


The first challenge was a sketch by Patter...


Second challenge was to make a card using a bird, polka dots, flowers and some stamping, this was Dani's challenge...

Third challenge was Carrie's, and she had 2 regular greeting cards to inspire us...



Next was Juliana's, and she had an interior design pic to inspire us...


Then I did Tina's challenge, which was to pick 3 diff brands from a list of 6 or 7 (can't remember) and use only the 3 to make your LO...

And the last one I did was Kate's challenge, we were to use multiple copies of the same pic...















I had a lot of fun and was very thankful that Derek let me play all day. He and the boys also played all day. They went and ate breakfast together and then went to the park. After Bryson's nap they went back outside and played all day, then pizza for dinner, baths, Bryson to bed and then he and Corbin went to the movies to see Iron Man (I think that's what it was called.) Corbin said I would have loved it...I don't know about LOVE...but I'm not opposed to not seeing it...

Well...That is all I can think to ramble about today. The pest control people are coming today, so I need to make sure everything is picked up and out of their way...so I best get busy!
Have a good one...
Ember

11 comments:

Raechelle Bellus said...

first of all {{{hugs}}}. I am sorry for your loss. I hope you get some type of closure.
secondly, your layouts and cards ROCK! You did such a super job on the challenges. Thanks for playing along! :)
Rae

Danielle Flanders said...

Oh I'm sorry to hear about your mom. That would be so tough..I can't imagine. Hugs to you.

Your items from NSD are all gorgeous! I'm a big fan of yours! :)
Dani

maria W said...

girl i am so sorry :( (((hugs))) i will be thinking of you

your work is so awesome and Congrats on winning :D

Chrys said...

hugs!!! You have some great projects there!!!! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Big hugs to you! I can't imagine how hard mother's day must be. So bitter-sweet. Your projects are gorgeous!! PS: I was so glad to see your entry! Come by and say hi! :)

Renee Lamb said...

ok...big super duper big lovin' hugs to you! what an emotional and tough time this will be for you right now. the emotions are still so raw and I am so sorry to hear that happened. :(
on a happier note, good thing hubby let you play all day cause your work is kickin' some boot-ay! great job girl! renee lamb

Michelle StClair said...

Big hugs to you..........and thanks for reminding me that we need to pick up around here....pest control is coming here tomorrow too. ;)

danni reid. said...

Ember, wow, I am sorry for your hurt, I can not imagine how this holiday, of all of them, reminds you of your love, memories and friendship with your mom. I am sorry, too, for the long delay in the court procedures, finality can bring healing and I am sorry it has taken so long to have a piece of that in your mourning. You will be in my prayers.

I am still, day by day, challenge by challenge, trying to view all the challenges from NSD, but OMGosh, I may have to "scrap" my plan to start at the first challenge and work my way through little by little, and go straight to your gallery, wow, wow, wow. Your layouts and cards are AMAZING Ember, truly AMAZING!!!

((((hugs to you my friend))))

danni

Norma Kennedy said...

Hugs to you sweetie !!!! My Dads b-day just passed and that was really hard- so I understand ! Luv all your projects !!!!!

Norma

Renee Lamb said...

Just wanted to wish you a belated Mother's Day! hope you got through it ok and it was special for you! hugs to you! renee lamb

Anonymous said...

hey there...everybody is giving you hugs so i'm givin' you a big fat kiss on the cheek AND a hug of course. ;) I love you so much and I know you are growing and pouring out soo much love just like your Mom to your family and everybody around you. I thought of her last week, I was walking down the street and saw a woman that reminded me of her...so sweet :)

Its amazing what healing and peace our Father brings when rest in Him.
Praying for you my dear and hope your week is blessed! Love.