Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Encourage one another (aka: some ramblings)

I will admit I am probably one of the world's worst encouragers! In fact, I am down right pathetic at it!
And I didn't even realize how terrible I was until Derek and I did a study on our love languages. His is words [of encouragement]. And I was NOT giving him that. A lot of the time I was doing the opposite! Yikes!!
So, I have really tried over the last few years to remedy that and be a better encourager. I have improved, but I still need work.
I actually get lessons from my 6 year old on a daily basis. He is an excellent encourager and fills us with positive, happy, encouraging compliments all the time.

This leads me to my thought today of why the enemy is so hell bent on discouraging me lately. I mean with a vengeance. I'm really hoping its because God has something really fantastic for us just around the corner. But even if He doesn't, I will continue to praise Him. Even if I have to continue to be put in a position of spiritual warfare, I will continue to put my hope in Him.

I realized this Sunday while visiting a new church, that I haven't been putting on the full armor. I don't even know if I've put ANY of it on. Satan sees my vulnerability...

I guess I just answered my own question... on my own blog...

Hmm.
Interesting...


P.S. don't forget to encourage your brothers and sisters today. Even if you think they have it all together.

P.S.S. thanks for always encouraging me little guy! 8)

1 comment:

Becky Dietz said...

You mean his love language isn't sarcasm? I could sure meet that need! I need to increase that encouragement language, too. Seems we learn best from our own kids.